Recently we made a guide on setting up Verge electrum wallet. Instead of QT wallet we recommended our users to download electrum wallet because electrum wallet uses very low resource and they are fast compared to QT wallet. You can find more benefits of electrum wallet and some other additional information here at verge electrum wallet setup guide.
There was one main issue most users encountered which is wallet getting disconnected from the server. It keeps disconnecting and reconnecting constantly. Also few users reported that they do not see their coins which they send to their electrum wallet. This is mainly because of the connection issue. First of all do not panic if you don’t see your funds. It happens at times especially when the wallet is offline or not synchronized with the blockchain. We recommend you to use the verge block explorer to check your balance. If your balance is correct then everything is perfect except the wallet which we are going to fix now.
Even we faced this issue once and since then we moved to Verge QT wallet as we do not use the wallet much. After searching several forums we found a fix for Verge electrum wallet offline issue. Whoever is facing trouble connecting the electrum wallet to the verge network can follow this guide.
Verge Electrum wallet not connected Issue fixed
First thing first, ensure that you are using the latest version electrum wallet, if not then download from the website. At the time of writing this article the version we were using was Electrum – XVG 2.4.1. Next check the bottom right corner of the wallet. If you see green light then it is connected to the network, if you see big red button then it is not connected.
If it is green button then you just have to ensure that if it is constant or keeps reconnecting every now and then. If it keeps reconnecting and synchronizing then you will find trouble doing transactions so to avoid this the network should be in green all the time. Here are few fixes which we found online and it should work for both Windows as well as Mac users.
Verge Electrum wallet network issue fix no 1:
Click on the big red button at the bottom right corner of your wallet which should open the network settings window. You’ll find two default servers such as electrum-verge.xyg and electrum-xvg.stream. Since they both are not working we are going to add new network address.
To do so copy any one of these and paste it in the address field on the network settings just like you see in the image.
Make sure auto-connect is unchecked and use SSL is checked. Then change the port to 50003 and set proxy as none. Once done click on ok and your wallet should connect to then network now. If it is still offline even after trying these three networks then we suggest you to try adding the below address.
elec2.verge-blockchain.com or electrum-xvg.party. If it is connected then you should see the green ball at the bottom corner. Also you should see your funds now. If none of these are working then please try the next solution.
Verge Electrum wallet offline fix no 2
Now for fix no 2 we’ll be using the same address which we used before but using different method. Instead of adding the address in the wallet directly we are going to edit the network file of your wallet and put the address there. To do so follow these steps
1. First close your XVG electrum wallet.
2. Then go to the folder where you extracted your wallet. You’ll find several folders and files along with your wallet file which is electrum-xvg.exe.
3. Now open the folder that says lib where you’ll find a file named network.py (electrum-xvg-win-amd64\lib\network.py).
4. Once you locate that right click on the network.py file and open in a notepad or notepad ++ as we are going to edit this file.
5. Once it is open you’ll find a section that says “DEFAULT_SERVERS” where you’ll only find 2 or 3 address by default which was added by the developers.
6. Now we are going to replace that section with the following list. Copy the addresses below and put it in that section as you see in the image.
Once it is done, save the file and open your wallet. It should be online and connected to the server.
Fix no 3 – Tor Browser method
Additionally we found this particular fix on GitHub discussion page.
- Run Tor Browser and keep it open (You can download the browser from Tor website).
- Now in the network setting of your electrum wallet enter t4c6rftkx673mlqv.onion in address field and set port as 50001.
- Uncheck auto-connect and SSL.
- Since we are using Tor browser set proxy as SOCKS5, localhost as network and 9150 as port. Once done click on Ok which should put the wallet online.
We hope any one of the above methods worked for you. If none of these worked then we’re sorry and we suggest you to use Verge QT wallet. If you found a different method in fixing your verge electrum wallet then please do let us know in comments. It will help others.